How important is a great smile? Babies in the womb smile. Blind babies smile at their parents. Strangers who speak different languages can express so much with smiles. Study after study has found that smiling makes a person more employable and that people with wonderful smiles make a lot more money over a lifetime. A smile doesn’t even have to be seen, as people can often tell if the person on the other end of the phone is smiling.
Adults and Braces
People are paying attention to their smiles. Teeth whitening is very popular, but crooked teeth are still crooked, no matter how clean and white. Many adults choose braces so that they can finally achieve “that smile.”
There are four types of braces.
* Metal braces are very common and deliver good results. Adults, however, are often reluctant to have a “metal mouth” for a year or two. There are restrictions on foods that cannot be eaten and the braces require daily care.
* Ceramic braces are an aesthetic improvement over the “metal mouth” look. However, ceramic braces are fragile, requiring extra care.
* Lingual braces are attached on the inside of the teeth, making them virtually invisible. However, they are not suitable for anyone with small teeth or an overbite.
* Invisalign is the preferred brace for many adults because these braces are essentially invisible.
Every two weeks, a new clear plastic aligner is fabricated. There are no food restrictions and
* Invisalign in St. Louis is comfortable to wear and easy to care for. Removable aligners allow normal brushing and flossing.
The Advantages Gained From Straight Teeth
* When teeth are either crowded or widely spaced, bacteria-laden plaque tends to collect. This can cause infected gums to bleed, appearing red and swollen. Over time, the infection can spread, developing into periodontal disease. This is a dangerous condition that can lead to tooth loss and an increased risk of heart attacks and strokes. After teeth have been straightened, gums fit properly around the teeth, providing a defense against disease.
* Properly aligned teeth alleviate difficulties in speaking or chewing.
* Self-confidence receives a dramatic boost from straight teeth and a great smile, which is helpful in every area of a person’s life.
Dr. Aubert at Forest Park Dental is a premiere preferred provider for Invisalign in St. Louis and among the top 5% of Invisalign providers in the country. Contact us to learn if Invisalign could be the solution to achieving that dazzling smile.
Be the first to like.